Peace of Cloth will never sell your personal information.
You may also Opt-Out of Marketing Communications from Peace of Cloth by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any automated email communication. Peace of Cloth will endeavor to honor your request promptly after receipt.
Types of Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") is any information that can identify or is linked to a specific individual, such as your name, mailing address, telephone number (including mobile number), email address, credit card number, debit card number, bank account number and other financial account information, birth date, gender, occupation, personal interests, demographic, location and household information, etc. To the extent you voluntarily provide your PII to us, we collect such information. For example, as permitted by law, Peace of Cloth may collect PII from you when you:
- purchase one of our products or services, such as when you subscribe to our email contact list;
- enter into a transaction with us, such as ordering a product from Peace of Cloth through our online store;
- send information via message, chat, blog, post or similar functionality
- submit a request or inquiry to us
Engaging in an Identification Activity is a voluntary activity on your part. If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, Peace of Cloth may ask you for certain PII. Depending on the activity, some of the information Peace of Cloth asks you to provide may be identified as mandatory and some may be identified as optional. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular Identification Activity which requires it, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
Aggregate and Anonymous Information ("AAI") is any information that cannot identify or be linked to a specific individual.
- anonymous group data (demographics, online browsing habits, interests and preferences, etc.) about users and members of the Peace of Cloth website.
- aggregate traffic data pertaining to the Peace of Cloth website and social media channels: total page views in a given time period; total impressions; average amount of time that Users spend on the Peace of Cloth website (or a part thereof) each time they visit; average amount of time that Users spend on each page of any one or more parts of the Peace of Cloth website; percentage of Users from a certain geographical area, etc.
Moreover, Peace of Cloth may combine "User Activity Information" (as described below) about you and other Users of the Peace of Cloth website and social media channels to generate aggregate information that reflects activities, habits, preferences, interests, etc. about our Users as a group. Peace of Cloth also collects location-based information such as zip code, city and state name. In addition, Peace of Cloth may take PII and make it non-personally identifiable, such as by aggregating your information with information about other individuals, or by removing personally-identifiable elements (such as names).
What We Do With the Information
As a general matter, Peace of Cloth uses information (PII and AAI) collected from and/or about our Users to
- improve our products
- to administer and maintain operations of the Peace of Cloth website
- to offer, market and advertise products and services to our Users
- to administer and manage transactions and relationships with our Users
- to personalize user experiences for our Users, and to build a strong community for our Users.
Our Use of Information
Transactional, Administrative, and Customer Relation Purposes
If you provide information to Peace of Cloth in connection with an Identification Activity, Peace of Cloth will process and use your information for all purposes related to that activity, including communicating and interacting with you in relation to your activity. For example:
- if you purchase a product from the Peace of Cloth website, Peace of Cloth will use your information to set up, administer, service, and communicate with you regarding your account
- if you join one of our mailing or contact lists, Peace of Cloth will use your information to send you or contact you with information that you have requested, or that may be of interest to you
- if you order a product or service from Peace of Cloth, your information will be used to process and fulfill your order, to communicate with you regarding the same, and to provide customer service to you.
Marketing & Advertising Purposes
Interest-based advertising: Peace of Cloth may use your PII to provide to you interest-based ads (i.e., ads potentially relevant or tailored to your interests) about products and services of Peace of Cloth. Sometimes, these ads are based on the types of products you have purchased. However, to make these ads as relevant as possible for you, Peace of Cloth may infer your interests.
Email marketing: If you provide your email address or mailing address to Peace of Cloth (such as by joining one of our mailing lists), such address may be used to send you product and service offers, promotions, and advertisements from Peace of Cloth.
Market Research Purposes
Peace of Cloth may use AAI (including AAI derived from PII) to conduct market research and analysis.
Disclosure to our Business Partners
The information you provide to Peace of Cloth is subject to be shared with business partners of Liz & Sarp NewYork Inc. (such as other brands of Liz & Sarp NewYork Inc).
Disclosure under other circumstances
Peace of Cloth may disclose PII and AAI to others if doing so is required by law or, in our good faith belief, is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process (including a court order or subpoena)
- cooperate with law enforcement
- respond to an emergency
- protect the rights, property or safety of Peace of Cloth, one or more members of our Users, and/or the public.
Unrestricted disclosure of AAI
If you have an active user account on the Peace of Cloth website, you may access and update your user account information and preferences at any time by logging into your account.
Peace of Cloth will retain your PII for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you products or services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. AAI and AAI may be retained indefinitely.
Cookies & Similar Technology
Third Party Functionalities
Use of Google Analytics for web analytics
For the purpose of website analytics, Peace of Cloth website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC (www.google.com). Google Analytics uses methods such as cookies that enable an analysis of your use of our website. The information collected automatically by cookies is transmitted to and stored on a Google server in the United States. IP anonymization is enabled on this website. Generally, Google does not associate the anonymized IP address, transmitted from your browser through Google Analytics, with any other data held by Google.
Protecting the security of the Personally Identifiable Information that you share with Peace of Cloth is of the utmost importance to us. All communication via Web Browser between consumers and Peace of Cloth are encrypted using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. All consumer information is stored in a database in a secured environment which is only accessible by key Peace of Cloth personnel. By providing your email address to Peace of Cloth, you acknowledge and agree that Peace of Cloth may notify you by email in the event of a breach of security involving your Personally Identifiable Information.
Keep your password in a safe place and do not divulge it to anyone. Also, remember to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place, such as a library or an Internet cafe.